Saturday, November 3, 2012

Why I Am Voting for Obama

So Early Voting Ended in Nevada today, and it's looking really good for the Democratic Party. But that doesn't mean I get to take a break....in fact we have to step it up yet again to make sure those that didn't vote get out an vote on Election Day. Now the 2012 elections are extremely important to me on a very personal level, so let's recap why I am in this fight and give me some last minute motivation for the next three days:

1)KIEL IS HOME and has been home since June 2011. This is the longest he has been home since we first got marriage. He missed my giving birth to our son (Iraq) and a year later he missed his first birthday and first Christmas (Afghanistan). Those that know me, know how much it meant to my family to be able to have him home for the holidays last year as well as this year.

2) Mitt Romney says same parents are not right on paper and not right in fact. Well I have same sex parents. And his attack not only on gay parents but on their children is despicable. Being a kid is hard enough, being a kid that is different from others is even harder and then this ass hat passed legislation that literally made kids with same sex parents stand out more. THAT IS JUST FUCKING EVIL. I love that our President knows that all families are different but great if they are loving. I love that the President is ending support for DOMA and supports same sex marriage.

3) I don't think old men have any right passing legislation on my reproductive rights. Most men can't even find the clitoris yet they magically know when life begins or think that employer provided health insurance (which is technically paid for by the employee) can be denied covering contraception if the employer doesn't want to pay for it. STOP WEDGING YOUR RELIGION IN BETWEEN ME AND MY DOCTOR! AND STOP TRYING TO FORCE YOUR WAY INTO MY BEDROOM! IF I WANTED GOVERNMENT IN MY UTERUS, I WOULD FUCK A SENATOR!

4) Healthcare- I REALLY wanted the single-payer option. Kiel and I have military healthcare (a.k.a. Tricare) guess what folks- that's government healthcare. I gave birth in a military hospital with people that were trained by the military (aside from the doctor- I think he went to private university with the ROTC program).So with that said- my healthcare really hasn't been affected, but.....there are people that have been. The ACA doesn't go into effect until 2014 and I wish it was sooner. My friend is fighting cancer and he is being denied radiation because he hit his "lifetime cap" this is something that the ACA gets rid of, but since it isn't in effect yet, we have to hope he can hold on until then. THIS IS NOT WHAT HEALTHCARE IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD! I look forward to 2014, because I know when the ACA goes into effect- this will never happen to someone else again.

5) Banking- seriously loving how my bank can just throw charges and fees at me without my consent. No more overdrafts!!! WA-HOO!

6) Nevada is freaking poor- the stimulus money has helped us in so many ways and we are really seeing growth! Granted- it's slow, but it's happening. Unemployment is going down, City Center was built (Harry Reid had to fight for that one), our crappy roads are being fixed and housing foreclosures are stalling.

7) Practice whatever religion you want, seriously, I DON'T CARE- but when you try to force your religion on myself and others by making stupid laws (like personhood laws), then I get really pissed off! My last pregnancy almost killed me, and I am terrified to get pregnant again for fear these laws will pass, something will happen and I will die. It's 2012 people, women shouldn't die in childbirth! But let's not forget- with personhood laws, those that have trouble conceiving will no longer be able to use in vitro fertilization.  KEEP YOUR RELIGION OUT OF MY GOVERNMENT! IT'S NOT JUST FREEDOM OF RELIGION BUT FREEDOM FROM RELIGION AS WELL!

8) my kids won't be able to "borrow money" from Kiel and I to pay for college. Thanks for fighting to make college more affordable, President Obama

And finally- BIN LADEN IS DEAD AND GM IS ALIVE!

Take what you want from this- it's my blog and I could give two shits if you disagree or if this affects your vote. But this is why I am voting for the President. I don't take government assistance, but I'm not a billionaire, I am just your regular run of the mill middle class woman that is absolutely petrified of a Romney administration. I would take 4 more years of W over a Romney administration, that's how scared I am!

But thankfully, we have a President that cares about the people and not the bottom line.

No comments:

Post a Comment