I'm just kidding, I don't really care.
So Election Day was fun....waking up at 4, lit dropping at 6 for a few (make that five) hours and then making calls to GOTV and trying like hell to not look at the CNN/MSNBC/ Fox News (another joke...I don't watch that crap!) exit polls. Then I got to run home, TRY to eat the delicious grilled cheese my hubs made for me (nope....too nervous, but this Bloody Mary sure is filling!) wait for my friend Sheila to come over and then we headed over to Mandalay Bay for the ritual sacrifice of virgins and goats Democrat Victory Party (yet another joke...we all know that Dems aren't virgins LOL why do you think we want our contraception so bad?).
So after another drink and I joined hundreds of other dems as we were glued to the TV. State after state was called for the President until the entire Presidential race was called for him. I was SUPER happy and SUPER proud of the people I knew that had dedicated so much of themselves to the campaign, I was glad for the money I had donated to the campaign, I was glad that I was accepted into a fellowship with the Obama campaign last fall, I was glad for women's rights, gay rights, Obamacare, Repeal of DADT and a bunch of other stuff (those are my top reasons...the other stuff is just gravy).
BUT SERIOUSLY NEVADA?! GIMME THE DAMN RESULTS IN THE STATE RACES!!!!
refresh/refresh/refresh/refresh/refresh/refresh/refresh/refresh
And.....my candidates won.
The first candidate had been redistricted into a district that was 92% new....and won 64.02% to 35.98%
The second candidate was in a considerably much tighter (and somewhat targeted race) and won 51.31%- 45.02%
I'm so proud of the work I did on these campaigns and especially proud of the work my candidates did on their campaigns. They really buckled down and did what they needed to do and really care about being of service to the people they represent.
AND NOW.....here I am/. Do I have a job? I didn't think I did, as I was paid to run a campaign and win...Did that (like a boss!) and now I have no job to do. But I have a meeting with my boss today so maybe he has some ideas or recommendations or maybe he just wants to shoot the shit, who knows. The whole part of where your job is done, now what is exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time. There seem to be so many possibilities but at the same time...money is nice. To be honest, I don't really want to find a job until after the New Year. I'll be so busy flying to Atlanta or back to D.C. and I want to focus on my family right now.
Of course that doesn't mean I won't take a job if it's offered and I want it, but we will see. I've always just sort of done what I needed to do and watched where it would take me and that hasn't let me down yet!

No comments:
Post a Comment