So back in July 2011, I put Loki in daycare part time while I went to go play on the Obama campaign. Then when I got my campaign manager position, he naturally switched to full time as I was working all the time and then some. So keep in mind that Loki was there 40+ hours a week for at least 8 months.
Now to dodge an area, but we are potty training. When asking our friends for advice, most of them told us- "No clue, daycare did it." So I was pretty confident when Loki went to full time that he would be potty trained.
BUT HE HASN'T BEEN! And his school is actually pressuring ME to do it so he can move up to the next class. WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO WITH HIM FOR 8 MONTHS? Oh that's right...they were getting different teachers. My kid has had at least 5 teachers (even though he has only been in 2 classes) over the past year. 5 teachers.....And at a parent teacher conference with one of the teachers (she had been there a grand total of 3 weeks), she told me that Loki wasn't strong in his problem solving skills.....HUH? Put something Loki wants out of his reach and see how strong those problem solving skills are.
BUT......Loki's verbal and communication skills have strengthened since he started there, he can count in English and Spanish, he is learning.
AND THE BIG ONE- Loki has a best friend there. They do everything together. Loki talks about him at home, and I don't know if I can separate them. I know Loki is going to be moving enough if Kiel stays in the military and I want to keep that to minimum-ish....
So Loki is now back to going part-time while I enjoy being a stay at home Mom a little bit longer (depending on my LSAT results or if I line something up for the next election cycle). And when Kiel deploys soon, I'm going to need those couple of days a week to just chill the fuck out and have some grown up time.
Maybe once I get him fully potty trained, the school won't piss me off so much. He was doing so well, but then one day he had an accident in his Buzz Lightyear underwear and he was so embarrassed and so upset that he had to change his underwear (even though I told him it's ok to have accidents), that he just hasn't been the same. BUT...I think I'm going to check out some other daycares and see if any of them jump out at me.
No comments:
Post a Comment